Boilers for Landlords | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilers for Landlords in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
I am interested to get opinions on a decent budget combi to install, I don’t do a lot of boiler installs' but when I do I tend to stick to Baxi Potterton/Main i.e. 30He/Gold /Duotec etc and find them very reliable and almost never get called back, I do a lot of work for Landlords and when coming across a boiler that need replacing they always want cheap as chips and but as it will be me who will go back year after year to test I am interested in any opinions/recommendation’s to try and find out what is the best out of the cheap bunch.
thanks in advance.

Tight Budget and landlord mean the same thing....stick with what you fit now cheap etc

i was talking to the glow worm rep the other day and they have just bought a boiler out which he discribed as a budget boiler disigned with landlords in mind , cant think of the name tho . although i havent fitted one yet i might give them a go should the need arise. i think intergas are not far off worcester prices

i was talking to the glow worm rep the other day and they have just bought a boiler out which he discribed as a budget boiler disigned with landlords in mind , cant think of the name tho . although i havent fitted one yet i might give them a go should the need arise. i think intergas are not far off worcester prices

glowworm!!!!!!! just remind your land lords why they are cheap, its because they make their money on parts ie halstead ace a fan is only £100 cheaper than the whole boiler, gloworm are similar

Stick to Baxi, if you are used to them, they are not a bad mid-range boiler .... Glow worms tend to leak a lot in my experience .... personally I stick Worcester's in for Landlords ..... 5-7 years warranty counts for a lot and actually makes them pretty cheap.

Thanks for the comments guys, I would rather stick to the baxi's/potteron especially with the 7 years warranty they offer now but I know I will lose the business to some guy willing to fit a ravenheat/heatline/ferroli etc for under a grand, the local merchant said they are selling loads of the new heatlines as they are built with glow-worm and vaillent components in the same factory. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Heatline boiler flue and clock £450
heatline diverter valve body £270
heatline dhw hall sensor £150
heatline case seal £75

The landlord will buy cheap then spit feathers when it breaks and they are footing the bill, and ultimately blame you for installing cheap toot. I point blanc refuse to fit feroli Heatline raven heat biasi etc I'm perfectly happy to loose the job to someone who will fit one and they can deal with the angry phone calls when it all goes wrong

had to sevice the new Saunier Duval condencing boiler, that must have been a cheap boiler, reminded me of an Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
I took @Chuck to mean: A reputable...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back