boilers in bathrooms | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boilers in bathrooms in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbman

hi could some one please tell me if it is against regs to fit boiler 1.5 metres,zone 1 above bath.

i'm not gas safe but i would say with all the electrics in a boiler it would be against the regs to do so.

steve

Yes it is.
If an existing appliance is installed where it can be touched whilst in the bath/shower it classed as 'Not upto current standards' Therefore it is advised to be moved, if it was not over the bath but in reach you could totally enclose it & all electrics in a cupboard.
If it has been recently installed it is RIDDOR reportable to Gas Safe [AR]
Hope that helps.

of course it is,you cant be able to touch a boiler from a fixed bath or shower and not only that what do you think is going to happen when the steam/humidity hits it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So it isn't a boiler problem? One thing, it...
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
As it’s only a holiday let your fine I would...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
Back