Boilers in statics | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilers in statics in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I've been asked to quote for bbu out and a combi in, on a static. What are the regs on fitting/fire proofing a boiler. Is it just mount it on fire proof board, or is there more to it.
Im to bone idle and thick to read ten pages of regs, that can be explained in two sentences. (Hopefully)

think its a separate qualification

It's natural gas, surely its just a timber framed house?

It's natural gas, surely its just a timber framed house?

might be best to phone case safe up as not sure as its listed on my card as separate

Did loads on the warm front contract. Sheet of 3/4 ply and supalux board. Lovely jobs. Fire every pipe under the floor and post the apprentice under the van on a skateboard!

Your the one person I didn't expect a sensible post from! Who knew.

Done loads of vokeras on a holiday home natural gas , we were told to screw fire board then fix boiler to that.

Doesn't it depend on what boiler your fitting as to if it needs fire boarding ? the ones that come fitted to new static vans are just fixed to the wall without any extra protection, rules are different for these sort of dwellings, depending on if its permanent or holiday let

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
I do two services stnd and a 5 yearly strip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Back