Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.
Thanks I usually fit ideal boilers. But I don't think they allow a plume kit to get over this problem. I will need to ring technical I think. As Scott says a move maybe better

yes. Also, with Worcester, the distance is measured in the direction of the flue if you use a plume deflector. At 45 deg you can halve the distance next to a boundary for instance.

Similar plumbing topics

If the boiler is connected to a conventional...
Replies
Views
Fair point. There is a dearth of heating...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back