Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

penn2

Hi,
I hope I've put this in the right forum....

I'm looking for some advice on makes of boiler - what brands would you recommend? I've been told worcester bosch - are they any good? what makes them so go and are they reliable? what are their weaknesses? I want something I can rely on...

Worcesters weakness is that they're rubbish. Full of plastic.

Everyone has different preferences. I like Vaillant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I prefer a Worcester to Vaillant... Worcester Bosch offer the whole package, and there customer service trumps Vaillant anyday of the week.

Not to mention Worcester Bosch currently have extended there guarantee promotion so you could get 7 years parts & labour guarantee! So there boilers cant be that bad if they offer guarantees like that!

I dont work for Worcester Bosch either lol, I just likr the boilers.

I prefer a Vaillant to Worcester... I absolutely hate Worcester, they are poorly deigned and made with cheaper plastic components.

The old Worcester boilers were really good, the best around at their time, but the Worcesters today are nowhere near the best. Most people are influenced by the success of these previous models.

I'd recommend a Vaillant or an Intergas boiler. You can get up to a 5 year warranty with these.

Have you had any quotes yet? What area are you in?

Worcester is my first choice every time , all that have installed have never have even 1 call back , i fit vaillant 5 a week for housing association and they are just easier to install compare to wb .

all mid range boilers and all expensive boilers are good just like everything else really ......

speak to local heating engineer and he will give you a good price and he will be servicing it for you and looking after it

Whichever you chose look on the manufactures website and u can get a list of installers who will give u a extended gurantee, and i fit Worcester all the time dont know what all the hating is about, waiting to see what the new model looks like when its launched

Also worth considering Remeha, Intergas and Ideal Logic+

I personally changed from installing Worcesters to Remehas 18 months ago and haven't bee disappointed.

:rofl: get yourself a good plumber who makes sure all the muck is out of your original system and is protected against what they couldn't remove! Then go for a good long warranty! Whatever you choose there's a chance it'll go wrong within the frist year or two! The less reputable installer is long gone by then ........ IMHO :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I fit worcesters every week on contracts and think biggest pile of crud on market on another note ripping alot of greenstar combi's out that are only few yaers old as every other part seems to go wrong .

I fit worcesters every week on contracts and think biggest pile of crud on market on another note ripping alot of greenstar combi's out that are only few yaers old as every other part seems to go wrong .

please explain why on the "pile of crud"

Last edited:
all boiler will work if installed correctly and system been cleaned and inhibitor in on commissioning

fan,pump,pcb,prv issues within first couple years ,

horrific to work on ,poor cust service compared to other leading brands,shocking to install,wau over priced parts,pants flue assembly, you need the seven year warranty just to keep it going as thats about lifespan of boiler .

its irrelevant how well you clean systen etc with the greenstar range as everything else will break down on them , like i said ripping them out over three counties at mo horrific pile of pap ,

on another note they are recession proof boilers as they are so rubbish theyt are single handily keeping the industry going

vaillant no1 in my opinion, worcesters are up there but I never recomend them anymore as they are badly designed and there is no thought of the person working on them, parts take ages to fit.

Worcester are over priced plastic tat, imho.
Vaillant Atag or Glowworm are all excellent boilers.

Remeha are a good make , and I find to be reliable. I fit and service the domestic and commercial. I find them to be a good, efficent and reliable make ranging from the avanta to quinta models and above. Baxi aren't too bad either.

I just posted this on another

who ever you go with will give you different opinions. my company fits alot of vaillants and I always used to recommend vaillants but there spares are a pain and i think the quality of the boilers have gone down hill I go out to vaillants all the time. Alot of people slate worcester for living on a past reputation but myself I like them our company fits alot on council contracts and if they go down I have to go out before we call worcester and I have only been out to a few. Ideals I am wary about due to there last boilers the logic is still fairly new but the isars were worse than rubbish ( Good job they weighed a ton for scrap)

With a 7 year warranty I personally dont think you can go wrong with a worcester it is now what I recommend.

Anything with mechanial parts will break down , just look at cars .

i still prefer the heat only boilers myself.

Heat only is what I have I my own house (even if it I is oil) as you say much less to go wrong, also smaller

Thanks for all you replies so far everyone, it's really useful. I must admit I would quite like to use Worcester as they are local to where I live but the general feeling seems to be here is that their quality control with installers isn't great? Some have mentioned that the boilers are rubbish - what makes them so poor? I'm sorry for so many questions but it's a big decision to make and you guys certainly know what you are talking about!

I have fitted a couple hundred Worcesters over the past few years and have had next to no problems with them. There after sale care is second to none, any issues have always been dealt with the next day.

vaillant for me . there is flaw on the viessmann boilers the mfr says a full strip down must be performed every year however the side pannels of the stainless heatx are made from ali and the set screws can cross thread and strip the threads easy. be warned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I'm looking to change our boiler as part...
Replies
Views
Alan Humphrey
A
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
What are engineers opinion on Intergas, I've...
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back