Boilersuit or work trousers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilersuit or work trousers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Tradesmen nowadays seem to favour work trousers rather than a boilersuit. i'am from the old school though, always wear a boilersuit, i reckon it keeps you cleaner, it's warmer in the winter and it looks more professional.
Is it just me, or am i missing out, Are work trousers really better ?

Work trousers and tee,polo or sweat with gas safe logo and name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

work troussers all the way, boiler suit (do have one in the van) just feel a bit too restrictive

Havent worn a boiler suit since i left college 10 years ago, started wearing jeansbut went through to many pairs before i discovered work trousers

Work trousers for me but also keep a boiler suit for going under floors, clearing drains etc

Only wear a boiler suit when working on oil as saves my clothes getting sooted up and you cant see soot on black trousers until you kneel down on somebodys nice cream carpet (I did this once then went and got a boiler suit).

I got work trousers, all my work gear is snickers, I like it. You can get some good deals on snickers stuff if you shop around

I have always worn snickers work trousers and they are very comfortable

I used to work with a joiner who would polish his work boots every morning without fail

I used to work with a joiner who would polish his work boots every morning without fail

To be fair it's probably a good idea, I don't clean mine but I replace them a couple of times a year. I've seen plenty of blokes on merchants wearing scummy old trainers and it looks nasty to be honest

I haven't worn a boiler suit since I was an apprentice. I'd outgrown the boiler suit a bit and squatted down to pick something up, damn near cleaved my giblets in two!

To be fair it's probably a good idea, I don't clean mine but I replace them a couple of times a year. I've seen plenty of blokes on merchants wearing scummy old trainers and it looks nasty to be honest

once you have cut into the end of your trainers and through your sock with a circular saw and just missed your toes you start to wear your boots alot more.

I haven't worn a boiler suit since I was an apprentice. I'd outgrown the boiler suit a bit and squatted down to pick something up, damn near cleaved my giblets in two!

Trousers for me, always, since I got my boilersuit collar caught on a hook (while clambering about an attic) and crushed my gonads trying to get unhooked!

looks like i'm the only one to wear a boilersuit on a daily basis, well never mind, i always like to do things differently. if boilersuits have gone out of fashion, maybe i should stock up before they stop makin them.

It's only when I look at other blokes in the merchant wearing shorts, tattooed legs, covered in filth, football shirt on that I first think 'god I wouldn't want someone turning up to my house looking like that' and second look down at myself and think 'to be honest i could really do with smartening up myself'

I think the polo shirt with logo idea is a good one. It's been on my to-do list for a while. Thing is I'm particular about my clothes and wouldn't want to order anything without trying it on. If it was an odd shape I'd end up not wearing them.

Always work trousers from, with either polo or rugby shirt embroidered with logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
T
That would seem prudent, although I never see...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
I'm a bit lost with this but to confirm it's...
Replies
Views
Back