Boiling water taps | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiling water taps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I remember someone posted about these a year ago and the one they were asked to install was over £1,000. Noticed that there seems to be more of them available now and the prices, though still high, are coming down from the completely ridiculous.

I have a feeling that as prices continue to come down, once they get affordable to most people, we will be getting asked to install lots of them. I for one would install one in my own kitchen if the price was sensible.

Google serach and you will see. Many are now under £400 (still not cheap enough to tempt me yet!)

Basically it's an instantaneous water heater incorporated into a tap. You start to see them more in small catering environments now but not really got into the domestic market yet.

Last edited:
Zip hydrotap

Great bit of kit for us plumbers who like tea all the time, fitted a couple now would have one as well when the price comes down.

it would be handy for fits where you need a electric water heater, when the price drops

Before long the Chinese will start making them ......................

the shocking thing is you only get a 12 or 24 month guarentee for a piece of kit which costs a bomb#1

the shocking thing is you only get a 12 or 24 month guarentee for a piece of kit which costs a bomb#1

I work on loads of zip hydro taps.

Comman fault is pump failure. And that's a flat rate of £230

Need to be descaled often or they do break the pump

it would be handy for fits where you need a electric water heater, when the price drops

surely a job needing an electric water heater will be for peeps to wash their hands, how often do you boil the kettle then pour the water over your hands to wash them??????

we had one in one of our offices, it was an over sink model with a spout plumbed into the cold main, brilliant, tea and coffee water at the flick of a nozzle, no need to fill or wait on the kettle boiling,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you able to install in London?
Replies
Views
Unfortunately i'm away offshore with work now...
Replies
Views
The filter cartridge doesn’t have a wrapper on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back