Bone dry condensate trap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bone dry condensate trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Serviced an Isar on friday and when removing the trap it was bone dry, to the point where what came out was a fine dust. I serviced it last year and I always silicone grease the o rings and rubber pipe. This year it was as if the grease had been completely dried out.

Other than this everything was O.K, gas rate, FGA, working pressures, seals etc

I left it running as the condensate terminates externally once filling up the trap again, when running it was pluming, but not a great deal.

A bit stumped... Anyone?

the sumps blocked!

toke pipe of and poke in the hole see whats there bucket in hand!
however, i trust you cleaned out the sump already when you serviced it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's not that, sump was cleaned last year and this time and no issues. The sump is also bone dry! It's as if it's stopped condensing.

Partially blocked flue? Maybe enough that the pressure is building up enough to force the water out of the trap.

Cracked trap?

If the return temp is much above 60 they don't condense at all, if the rads are big enough to stand it drop the flow temp and balance them down if you think it will last long enough to warrant the time spent. Personally my stance with any modern Ideal is "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

If the return temp is much above 60 they don't condense at all, if the rads are big enough to stand it drop the flow temp and balance them down if you think it will last long enough to warrant the time spent. Personally my stance with any modern Ideal is "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Can't understand why it would have changed though as nothing else has over the year.

Partially blocked flue? Maybe enough that the pressure is building up enough to force the water out of the trap.

Cracked trap?

All looked o.k, flue was fine. Going to phone ideal on this one.

It's got to be a blockage somewhere take the flue off as pour water down it

I'm going to say the burner has a crack in it and it's burning hot drying out any moisture that should be present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You know what I meant, obviously demand is...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
You could try A.K. Rubber in Bishop's...
Replies
Views
Not had a reply to my post. Can anyone with...
Replies
Views
Back