boost boiler?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boost boiler?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone heard of one on a solid fuel stove? need to go and see a job to pipe it up , what's the best way to get it to work a cylinder , 1 or 2 downstairs radiators ( have to be pumped) and 1 heat leak somewhere upstairs , ive got limited space in loft, so going to be a coffin cwsc I think , the cylinder is upstairs , does it matter if I put the expansion tank above this? thanks

It does matter if your using the coil in the cylinder , is this stove the only heat source, yeh u need a heat leak rad and its best to use a fibre glass FnE tank with a copper ball ( float ),
The system must be able to work via gravity ( HW ) incase of power cuts,
Might be worth having a deek at some of hetas web sites ,

yes im using the coil in the cylinder, so what I was wondering is does the hw always have to work via gravity? and heating then in 22mm pumped?

If you are keeping it simple, then yes, 28mm Gravity so that it circulates well without relying on a pump. Heat leak for if a pump or electric fails.
22mm pumped pipes to rads worked by a pipe stat onto the 28mm primary return IMMEDIATELY where it leaves the cylinder.
Probably need to use a 28 mm injector tee at boiler. Stove MIs will say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Have a look at a heat genie system link...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
Back