Booster pump | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Booster pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobster2543

Hi can anyone help, I have a unvented system we have very poor mains pressure. so a gundfus mq3.5 booster pump was fitted to the gravity feed form storage tanks to boost the hot and cold taps /shower , the pump has been acting up turning off and on and sometimes stopping completely half way through a shower! , i never liked the pump anyway it was to loud , so i have removed it from the system and now feeding the cylinder directly from the gravity from the storage tanks in the attic, the pressure from this is about .75 bar which is fine for down stairs but not upstairs where we now cant use the shower , my question is can i fit a Grundfos UPA 15/90 Home Booster Pump with flow switch in replace of the grundfus mq 3.5 which will boost the gravity feed into the cylinder therefore boosting the hot and cold at the same time ? or does it have to be connected to the hot after leaving the top of the cylinder? i only need an extra 0.5- 1 bar pressure where can i fit this pump and will it work. i cant see the problem with fitting in place of the old pump or am i missing something!
Thanks Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Bobster2534 i think salamander pumps sent me some info regarding a new pump,they have made for this sort of thing but i can't find it if you look them up on the net they will help.I think it connects stright from the cold mains and boosts the pressure, i think they are around 300.00 pounds or so not to sure what pressure they boost to though.I the past i have used a shower pump for this sort of job with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
Back