Bosch multi tool | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bosch multi tool in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

If anyone has time please can you comment on this Bosch multi tool?

It's what I am thinking of buying to do grout removal job next week. I will need to buy grout removal accessory too.

Bosch 0603101970 Lithium Ion Multi Tool - 10.8V.

Thanks as always

Rocket.

I've got the 240v PFE180 version - it's a god send for all sorts of jobs

grout removal - easy to use to take 2-3mm out and reregrout other tools great for cutting copper off at floor level and wood bit for skirting etc

worth it's weight...

Hi Friends

It's what I am thinking of buying to do grout removal job next week. I will need to buy grout removal accessory too.

Thanks as always

Rocket.

I might be wrong but this sort of task does not suit cordless. My fein gets very hot and on a grout job can be at it for a while. I don't think it would last on a big job. I know the fein is a dear chap but mine has had many years of abuse and still going strong. The power lead is a pain but the national grid is always there. A few years ago I bought a Dewalt cordless angle grinder....what a waste of time, gutless and low run time. I cannot see that grout removal would be different. I tend to lean on mine a fair bit to the point where I have to wear gloves as the case gets hot. This does not stack up with cordless. Sorry have gone on a bit.

BTW the Fein diamond blade is still going strong. Well worth the 33 quid.

Hi Friends

Thanks as always

Rocket.

Rocket, get the corded version. The batteries on the thing are rubbish, i should know, I've had one.

I am wedded to Fein but I am sure that the Bosch mains is a good piece of kit. I don't know if it has a diamond blade option. Tungsten carbide just does not cut the mustard unless the grout is particularly rotten.

I am wedded to Fein but I am sure that the Bosch mains is a good piece of kit. I don't know if it has a diamond blade option. Tungsten carbide just does not cut the mustard unless the grout is particularly rotten.
Three this one : [DLMURL="http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-Multi-Tool-Blades--Accessories/Bosch-2608661642-ACZ-85-RT-Hard-Metal-Riff-Segment-Sawblade__p-12732063-34399.aspx"]Bosch 2608661642 ACZ 85 RT Hard Metal Riff Segment Sawblade | Miles Tool & Machinery Centre[/DLMURL]

or
[DLMURL="http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-Multi-Tool-Blades--Accessories/Bosch-2608661689-ACZ-85-RD-Diamond-Sawblade__p-12732063-40117.aspx"]Bosch 2608661689 ACZ 85 RD Diamond Sawblade | Miles Tool & Machinery Centre[/DLMURL]

sure you can them cheaper if you look around - I have the cheaper one and only paid about £15

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for a mains one, i have a milwaukee 12v one, great bit of kit but something repetitive like grout removal its not suited for!

cordless are for awkward places and on the fly cutting somthing.

mains ones just go and go.

Ive got the 10.8v multi cutter, its pretty lame to be honest, either that or I'm inpatient. It's got it's uses but definitely not up to the job are asking about. Most expensive toe nail clipper I've used.

It's great for finest cutting around skirting, boxing , cutting copper at floor level etc. maybe fein is that much better but I couldn't comment - only cost me £60 but saved me loads more

Seen this thread a bit late but deff 240v mains ! Bosch is a great tool but fein is just a cut above the rest ! My girlfriends dad has one and the blade change broke he took it back to where he bought it then sent it back to fein ! Fein changed all the parts and pat tested it ! All for free

Similar plumbing topics

Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Ryooo, cool for size, excellent bit of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remember to remove the blank from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don’t know the brand of tap, but one would...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back