Bosch washing machine cold fill | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bosch washing machine cold fill in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

My new Bosch cold fills in 5 goes each time at the start, some short and some long. Is his normal? Any ideas on a sort of 'normal' time to fill?

Not really plumbing but it's pretty quiet here at the moment so I'll bite:

Based on my own machine, the number of top-up fills seems to depend on type/weight of clothes to be washed. The machine will initially fill to the set level, which is surprising low – only a couple of cm above the lowest point in the drum except on the 'delicate' cycles. It then churns the clothes a couple of times, which soaks up some of the water, and then does a short top-up fill to restore the level. It repeats this process until the clothes are saturated so no more water is needed.

Bosch WMs have quite a lot of diagnostics built in. If there is a problem with the water supply/pressure it will display an error code.

You can always call Bosch Customer Care:

if you suspect your machine isn't working correctly.

Not really plumbing but it's pretty quiet here at the moment so I'll bite:

Based on my own machine, the number of top-up fills seems to depend on type/weight of clothes to be washed. The machine will initially fill to the set level, which is surprising low – only a couple of cm above the lowest point in the drum except on the 'delicate' cycles. It then churns the clothes a couple of times, which soaks up some of the water, and then does a short top-up fill to restore the level. It repeats this process until the clothes are saturated so no more water is needed.

Bosch WMs have quite a lot of diagnostics built in. If there is a problem with the water supply/pressure it will display an error code.

You can always call Bosch Customer Care:

if you suspect your machine isn't working correctly.
Thanks for explaining the process, Chuck.

Even with no clothes in the machine there will be two "fills", one (in a Zanussi) fills for ~ 10 secs directly into the drum to wet the clothes, the second, for ~ 2 minutes fills through the wash powder/liquid container, it will then, depending on the wash load, do a few more 5 or 10 sec top ups to get the normal level.

I appreciate that but if there was is an issue with the pressure sensor and or the connected pipework it might behave in an identifiably odd way. It's a new machine though so unlikely, best call technical.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When speedfit came out they one made that type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you take a picture of your downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I would run its own separate drain don’t...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks again Shaun, much appreciated
Replies
Views
Back