Boss connected to soil pipe at 45 degrees | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boss connected to soil pipe at 45 degrees in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I'm in process of completing a loft conversion and need some advice on the location of a boss adapter for the shower waste. Can a boss adapter be fixed to a 4" soil pipe at 45 degrees as shown in the pictures? My main concern is that the entry to the soil pipe is on the side and with the pan being higher than the shower waste dirty water from the toilet could go back up the shower waste? I've noticed that the boss adapter says 'top', maybe this is meant to point up and wouldn't work as affectively at 45 degrees. Also, is all grey 4" soil pipe solvent weld? if so I'll replace the orange pipe with grey and glue the boss adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Attachments

• Soil pipe 1.jpg
    Soil pipe 1.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Soil pipe 2.jpg
    Soil pipe 2.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 31
  • Soil pipe 3.jpg
    Soil pipe 3.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Soil pipe 4.jpg
    Soil pipe 4.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the reply and advice. I meant to say in my first post - Can I solvent weld the boss adapter to the grey soil pipe, how do I know if it's solvent weld capable?

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm connecting a long run of 50mm...
Replies
Views
Back