BOSS Therm BUT2 / BOSS TPSRF31 Wireless Thermostat | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BOSS Therm BUT2 / BOSS TPSRF31 Wireless Thermostat in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

See the title. That's the combination.

Tried everything to get this brand new installation to work to a schedule. It just seems to come on when it feels like it. 3 o'clock in the morning even.

Installed 6 months ago by a subcontractor of a building company as part of a larger refurb project.

So you know the story. Builder unable to contact plumber who appears to have gone bye bye.

It is straight forward enough when you look at the docs and the timer and tstat are accepting and remembering what you program into them.

Just not sticking to it.

New batteries in the tstat because I know they can be problematic.

Tried switching off the wifi receiver so just the timer is in control. Still doesn't work.

Is there anything peculiar about this kit? Is it crap? Does it have a bum reputation?

Should we get rid of it?

Any advise appreciated

Cheers

Attachments

• HeatingControls.jpg
    HeatingControls.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 56
There cheap and I find the range isn’t that good and sometimes they do funny things eg wireless room stat isn’t calling but boiler fires due to demand from receiver

Replace

combi boiler or cylinder?

You can try changing the channel / rf

Don't like the look of that aluminium tape on boiler flue what's that hiding?
The boiler and flue is original equipment. So that was there before the plumber did the upgrade. No idea to be honest. My guess would be sealing the flue where it joins the boiler. Whether that means the joint is dodgy or not I don't know but I would hope the plumber might have investigated that on the job. He left it alone so I would suggest it's not an issue.

Just a quick update for those who may have the same issue. I changed the RF address and that sorted it out. The tstat and the receiver were both set to the factory default so whoever fitted them didn't bother changing it. I can only assume whoever installed next door's took the same approach. So that's your solution should you find yourself in this situation. Well, it's the first thing to try anyway.

Back