both immersions not working? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss both immersions not working? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

C

chrisplumb

Hi, I installed a new eco 7 cylinder back in Decmeber with new immersions and the customer just called me because she has no hot water.
when i got round there i checked the fuses on the board and the spurs, power was there, i checked the immersion, power was there but no buzzing when i switched on the top emergency immersion.
I then changed the thermostats for new ones in both immersions BT7's, still no buzzing or sound at all.
cant think what else it could be as they are new immersions fitted back in Dec with now new thermostats and the chances of both going pop at the same time in 4 months is very remote? any ideas?:confused:

extremly unlikely, but possible.
have you checked the electricity supply properly?
240 live neutral
240 live earth
up to 15 neutral earth

good luck shaun

extremly unlikely, but possible.
have you checked the electricity supply properly?
240 live neutral
240 live earth
up to 15 neutral earth

good luck shaun

well i been thinking about it, i will connect a supply to the emergency immersion tomorrow via an extension lead just to see if it works then its over to the sparks!
cheers Shaun ;)

Try multi meter on immersion to test resistance and whether its gone or not.
As said polarity or arcing problems. Also are the elements touching anything inside the cylinder? Anything likely to be running to earth locally and living the cylinder itself?
Does the consumer units have RCD's or old wire type fuses?

Try multi meter on immersion to test resistance and whether its gone or not.
As said polarity or arcing problems. Also are the elements touching anything inside the cylinder? Anything likely to be running to earth locally and living the cylinder itself?
Does the consumer units have RCD's or old wire type fuses?

The fuses in the board are re-wireable but i checked them first, they are fine!
Its been working fine since i installed 4 months ago, I will get the multimeter on there tomorrow, im pretty sure its electrical fault, cheers Bernie

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just a thought but did you check the fuse box...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
Finally got an update from him. He cant do the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/files/pdf/pdf303...
Replies
Views
E
Is it an unvented cylinder? Sounds like issue...
Replies
Views
Back