Bottle Trap leaking on fiberglass shower tray | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bottle Trap leaking on fiberglass shower tray in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

A

AlastairBrown

I am fitting a new shower and I've dropped the bottle into the flooor with an access hole below, its tight on space so Ive fitted the bottle to the waste dropped the shower onto it and tightened from the plug (shower side). when I water test it it leaks, is it just because I cant get it tight enough, do I need to attach to the tray then fit the waste?

Just for sanity sake I'm fitting the big rubber washer between the trap and the underside of the shower tray!

silicone will sort it my self i would use lsx as it will set even when trays wet/damp from previous leak ` Lsx is a leak repairer which can be obtained from plumbing suppliers costs around 3 quid and is used the same way as silicone
good luck

Upvote 0
Thanks Chaps, Silicon has sorted it. It's a new installation so I could remove and dry it thoroughly. Wife delighted with the 80mm hole in the ceiling below to monitor things have settled down ok!!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Just rip the concrete. Won’t be difficult to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So far so good! Thank you very much
Replies
Views
  • Question
I ended up cutting all the silicone off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I can't believe some of this advice 🫣 whats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No need to fit another just run a small bead...
Replies
Views
Back