Boxing in a boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boxing in a boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

Looked into this as someone asked me to make cupboard to hide there boiler in spare bedroom/box room,i got dimensions of boiler (valliant) and it requires 500mm clearance at front of boiler,does this apply if fixing unit around it with door for maitenance etc etc or am i mistaken? does seem very deep and will stick out a long way,has anyone been asked this and refused or done this and have some tips and hints,just thought i would ask on yr opinions on boxing in a combi boiler.......

500mm is so you can service it. 25mm to the door will do as long as you can stand facing it.

if door open for maintenance then you will have plenty of room to do job, just make sure you can get front off imo :)

And for goodness sake, make sure the flue is accessible otherwise there could be bother come 1/1/13.

check the MI's, it will state what you can do

ps. you always need access

I'm sure it says in the Installation instructions that you are allowed a door, and the clearance is from when this is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
If the overheat thermostat has tripped, it...
Replies
Views
Back