Brand new Alpha Boiler. Got hot water but no heating. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brand new Alpha Boiler. Got hot water but no heating. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malthouse

Boiler commissioned last Thursday and all good till pressure started dropping & got an error for low pressure. Filled up & having read on here that likely reason was a leak, turned central heating off and closed flow & return to see if pressure stayed put. It did. Located my leak and put that right & without thinking, ran heating without turning back on flow & return for bout 20 minutes. Now, I have hot water but no heating. Everything working normally. It fires up and looks like it should, sounds like it should & if it wasn't so damn cold, it could be behaving like it should. So, first question is, did I mess it up by lack of water or a case of seriously bad luck and the flow switch is stuck? I have, I hope, eliminated everything else! I've turned it off & ran a full reset but to no avail. Pipe on flow is hot but nothing more. Phoned Alpha who have advised its going to be next Thursday before they can get someone to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Boiler commissioned last Thursday and all good till pressure started dropping & got an error for low pressure. Filled up & having read on here that likely reason was a leak, turned central heating off and closed flow & return to see if pressure stayed put. It did. Located my leak and put that right & without thinking, ran heating without turning back on flow & return for bout 20 minutes. Now, I have hot water but no heating. Everything working normally. It fires up and looks like it should, sounds like it should & if it wasn't so damn cold, it could be behaving like it should. So, first question is, did I mess it up by lack of water or a case of seriously bad luck and the flow switch is stuck? I have, I hope, eliminated everything else! I've turned it off & ran a full reset but to no avail. Pipe on flow is hot but nothing more. Phoned Alpha who have advised its going to be next Thursday before they can get someone to me. Any advice would be appreciated.
sounds like either a valve is still off or ones snapped

Sounds like a divertor valve motor, are the isoation valves fully open? Do you a cyclone fitted?

Wow! It really was that simple! Valves looked fully open but I shut the heating flow & opened it & hey presto, it kicked in! Thanks Alpha man! Spent way to much time worrying & being cold. Again, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Have you considered a faulty by-pass valve or...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
Back