Brand new soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brand new soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunshineplumber

Hi folks

I will be moving soon to a house with no inside toilet or soil pipe plumbing???
I was wondering how hard/easy the job of digging up and putting in a soil pipe to the sewer is?? Also how would i go about it??:confused::confused:

many thanks

Hi sunshine

Digging and laying the pipe is the easy part I would recomend you get a professional in to connect to the drain, you may also need planning permission to do this. Speak to your local water/council authority for advice.

Brian

its not a hard job
long as you know how to fit a soil pipe, expansion joints, prevent crossover etc.

your council will be the first port of call for the building regs etc

so i take it i will need an expansion joint to connect the soil to the drain??

oh right. so what would i need to join the soil pipe to the drain???

depends what the drain/pipe is etc.

if it haven't already got a stack your gonna need a new access into the drain. maybe a new drain.
along radius bend on the bottom of the stack to the drain.
no appliance is to be fitted to the stack any lower than 450mm from the invert of drain.

don't worry its easy if you get stuck the council inspector will help you.

god it all sounds very confusing. mind you i guess the good news is the bathroom is on the ground floor next to the kitchen and all the wast pipes go into the ground so im guessing that the drain is there.
fancy that a house without an indoor toilet!!!!!! (the toilet is at the end of a 60ft garden in a hut)

no keep it for when i have BIG BBQ's ect. i guess it handy for when her indoors is taking forever in the bathroom i need a crap.
another quick question what kind of fall would i need for the wast pipe on a shower being fed by mains pressure water (hot and cold)???

what on a 40mm waste ?
how long ?

40mm waste should be a min of 18mm/m fall max 90mm/m.
you can use a high flow waste trap

are you connecting to an existing drain,if you need to connect to the sewer you will have to get local sewage authority to do connection

Hmm!

I would go slowly! And try and work out what I have already got regarding drainage.

Do indeed you have drains?

The w.c. being sixty foot away is not usual and where does it discharge into?

Do you have a combined or twin pipe drainage system i.e Does the soil run separately from the surface water?

Do you have a septic tank?

Why hasn't the house already got these things?

Where is it town or country?

Where is nearest main council drain?

Loads of questions, have a look at the Building Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Back