Bringing a breeze-block external wall out by 50mm. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bringing a breeze-block external wall out by 50mm. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Doing a bathroom install and want to bring a breeze-block external wall into the bathroom by 50mm. When I do this normally I end up pilot drilling the wood and then fitting rawl plugs to the breeze block before finally drilling screws through the wood into the rawl plugs.

Takes forever.

Is there a nail that can go in a nail gun that will fix timber straight to a breezeblock wall without shattering the breezeblock or destroying the timber? Looking at 50x50mm timber.

There must be a quicker way and I don't like using glues - the wall will have 10mm tiles on it and plasterboard afterwards.

You could nail it using masonry nails but I personally be happy expecting nails to hold a wall covered with tiles.

I know you can buy 4" long nails for nail guns so that would leave 2" in the wall. Times that by lots of nails and I think it would be ok, but my concern is would the nail gun actually fire them through the block or would it split it I guess.

I guess I could just effectively make a small stud wall in front of the existing wall actually, that might work better.

Probably much better chance of being able to make it a flat wall too!

or do what everyone else does drill through the wood and block with a long masonary bit and use untapered plugs knock them through with the screw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back