Bringing pipework through ensuite floor | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bringing pipework through ensuite floor in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

When bringing pipework through the floor of the ensuite, I wonder just how tight I need to make the fit between the floor and the pipework? I have seen a previous comment about getting the fit as tight as possible, but I’m not sure why that is necessary?

Reason I ask is that it will be a PITA to cut holes just big enough for the pipes. It will be much easier to cut a channel at one end of the flooring so that it can slide around the pipes. I’m not sure though if this is a big deal, or whether it matters at all?

Also, the current waste pipe from the sink is done in solvent weld, all the way from the soil pipe to the underside of the sink - see pic. I wonder though whether it would be better to terminate the pipe, level with the floor and use some sort of push fit arrangement from the floor to the sink? If this is the way to go, what kind of connector do I need? TIA

Attachments

• 8F5BF546-9755-4F60-B36A-FB674A258C0F.jpeg
    8F5BF546-9755-4F60-B36A-FB674A258C0F.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 28

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning Ben-gee Again, many thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Back