Bristan 1901 Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Chrome Shower Valve N2 SHCVO C flow valve not closin | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bristan 1901 Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Chrome Shower Valve N2 SHCVO C flow valve not closin in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Good evening chaps

Having issues with this new valve.
It is serving four body jets, all tiled now (waiting for the 14 day grout cure before full pressure test)
Fitted jets, cracked supplies to check watertight, and this happened.....

Top flow valve closed, temperature valve set mid way
Crack cold supply isolator - all good, no flow to jets
Closed that, cracked hot water supply - hear flow through pipes, dribble then constant low flow from the two lower jets - not enough to fill the jet loop so top two stay dry

I did flush all pipework through and sealed ends prior to tiling
Fitted valve with filters and flow regulators, then tried to check as above
Took valve off, filters clear

Called Bristan, very helpful, sending out new flow valve
I tried to take the old valve out, it is tight and started rounding off the nut so stopped.

Any similar experiences?

This shower was chosen by the customer so they could set the temp and shut off by the flow control and it would be set right for future use by just using the flow control.

I have connected it correctly, from front - hot left, cold right outlet on top - you doubt everything after a while......

Looking online at the Bristan website, they only show taking out a combined flow and temperature valve for cleaning - not helpful

HELP!

Try it with hot and cold isolators open at the same time. You might need to reset the temperature calibration.
Thanks steady on, i'll try that
A new flow valve is on the way, l took out the original one today and it appears fine, no sign of debris - but there shouldn't be l did flush the open end through fitted the valves with filters flushed again then took the filters out and they were clean when l fitted the regulators.
I haven't fitted Bristan before, what is the procedure to reset the temp calibration?
Thanks again

Upvote 0
Sorry, don't know the recalibration from memory. Have a look at http://www.bristan.com/product-files/577278/fitting-instructions.pdf page 22.
Cheers steadyon
I have the install info from Bristan with the valve l fitted, but there is nothing in there re setting adjusting temps., shame that.
The valve l fitted has a separate flow control and temp control, that was throwing me, simply the flow should shut off the outlet, but it isn't. Need to get that sorted when l get the replacement cartridge from Bristan before l can test temps.
14 day grout curfew from the tiler up tomorrow so can do full pressure test if cartridge arrives, just cracked the supplies up to now.
Usually kitchen and bathrooms, not wet rooms for me, l was volunteered for this on compassionate grounds....

Upvote 0
Cheers steadyon
I have the install info from Bristan with the valve l fitted, but there is nothing in there re setting adjusting temps., shame that.
The valve l fitted has a separate flow control and temp control, that was throwing me, simply the flow should shut off the outlet, but it isn't. Need to get that sorted when l get the replacement cartridge from Bristan before l can test temps.
14 day grout curfew from the tiler up tomorrow so can do full pressure test if cartridge arrives, just cracked the supplies up to now.
Usually kitchen and bathrooms, not wet rooms for me, l was volunteered for this on compassionate grounds..
The replacement ceramic cartridge came, fitted it and eureka...or not....it doesn't drip anymore
Thanks for the replies

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
W
  • Question
Are they mains pressure showers or gravity eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah, that’s actually the conclusion I’ve come...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like boiler flow switch. Had the exact...
Replies
Views
Back