British gas 532i boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss British gas 532i boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Gas Engineer
Have a problem with a boiler it is a bg 532i combi which I believe is a slightly modded Worcester bosch greenstar.
problem is with the heating side of the boiler it does not work. Unless you use the ch boost (chimney sweep) button. I have linking out the room stat and still no joy. Question is does the boost button go thought the same sequence of events and controls as a demand from the stat. Therefore does this verify that the diverter valve and the micro switch thermistor etc are all ok or does it bypass some?.

Many thanks

If you use the chimney sweep button it moves the diverter into ch position and then runs in the normal manor depending on where you have the ch control set min or max.

What kind of controls do you have? Make sure you have power at the s/l.

Power is coming to the switch from the wireless receiver (British gas wireless which I believe is just Drayton)when demand is on.
I have not had much experience of fault finding on more modern electronic boilers but I understand most people change the pcb when it is not necessary but not 100% if the pcb is a problem.

I'm sure in chimney sweep mode, it ignores one of the temperature sensors, I think the one by the heat exchanger, with an orange clip? Check the resistance of that.

I was getting 9000 ish ohms at room temp 15 degrees not exact sorry lost temp sensor for my multimeter. But not sure if it is knacked because I cannot find what the reading should be for this Ntc?

I was getting 9000 ish ohms at room temp 15 degrees not exact sorry lost temp sensor for my multimeter. But not sure if it is knacked because I cannot find what the reading should be for this Ntc?
This may help you if you can pin the temp that your reading the resistance at down.
7c3720e2ecad81da3c8a808c739af5ac.jpg

Hi Loki,
If you need any doner parts I'm taking an RD532i out this Thursday (combi swap), and it works fine.
If you're anywhere near South London it's yours if you need it (or the pikeys will have it)! :tounge_smile:

9kohms at 15 isnt right then. It could be a faulty stat then. Worth a go before spending lots on a pcb :)

I have had this numerous times and always been the low ratio out.

In chimney sweep mode boiler runs at max, but if not in service mode and CH dial is on 2/3 runs on low, and can either baffle out or not ignite.
Also if you put into chimney sweep mode then turn dial to 1 might get it to fault.
Otherwise call Worcester as they may have an idea before PCB

If you follow this link to the ukpf pdf and document store you can click on Croppie' s generous link to his drop box where you will find amongst many other usefull documents worcester bosch' s pdf containing the above previously posted thermister resistances and the details on setting up the gas valve high and low fire gas rates.
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70751
P.d.f & document store

Thanks again Croppie for sharing your valuble resource. If anyone follows the link or makes use of Croppies drop box material please make a point of thanking his post containing his drop box link on the ukpf pdf and doc thread.

Last edited:
I have had this numerous times and always been the low ratio out.

In chimney sweep mode boiler runs at max, but if not in service mode and CH dial is on 2/3 runs on low, and can either baffle out or not ignite.
Also if you put into chimney sweep mode then turn dial to 1 might get it to fault.
Otherwise call Worcester as they may have an idea before PCB

Wouldn't that cause it to lockout though?

Actually, he hasn't mentioned if it locks out on c/h.

Does it lock out or just not run at all?

First of all Clint thanks for the offer of the boiler but I'm in north suffolk so not worth the trip to Croydon. Also to solutions for the resistance chart.
The boiler does not lock out just does not run. Pump runs but does not seem to start ignition sequence.

If it doesn't lock out, I wouldn't say it's down the CO2 %.
Definitely worth checking the temperature sensor resistances against the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Does it have pre-heat functions in the menu.?
Replies
Views
We cannot and will not give advice on the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
P
Don't they have balconies?
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
F
Finally post 4. Sorry if I look like an...
Replies
Views
ianscott9
I
Back