British Gas 532i losing pressure | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss British Gas 532i losing pressure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi All,
i have been working on a British Gas 532i ( Worcester with BG badge )
boiler kept losing pressure. Checked the pressure in the vessel and noting showing so re-pressurised to 1 bar. Called back next day as pressure dropped to zero on gauge. So I changed the vessel & prv. Refilled system to just over 1 bar and boiler went into the venting mode. Waited for 45mins and all worked fine.
an hour later I get a call saying pressure has gone down to .5 bar but all still working. What I did notice On filling the boiler the gauge wouldn't go past 1.5 bar but you could here the water going in still.
could this be a faulty gauge showing 1.2 bar but really be over full and dumping the water?
thanks
kevin

was it dumping water out the prv when you tested warm if no sounds like they may have a leak on the system

Yes customer said he can see it dumping through prv. I initially checked the system but couldn't see any leaks though the house is a bungalow and have looked under all accessible boards.
Just seems strange.

Have you checked you haven't got water leaking out of a faulty AAV somewhere?

No water was seen near the aav.
I will have a look at the pipe though.
I am thinking the gauge is reading wrong so have told them not to top up and see if it holds on .5 bar and continues to work.

if its dumping out the prv there is an issue, and it needs resolving, swap pressure guage, clean inlet to pressure guage for starters and get it sorted, leaving it on .5 isnt doing the customer any favours really.

That is my thinking. It may be showing .5 but could really be 1 bar if the gauge is faulty

Changed one in feb that had a leaking main heat ex (incidentaly my own was leaking as well)
When you can verify the pressure, top it up and keep an eye on the condense trap/pipe, if theres water running(when boiler switched off) the heat ex is kuffed

Thanks. Ran boiler today, closed f&r valves. Turned boiler off and water was coming out of condensate and nothing from prv so your diagnosis is the same mine. Pressure dropped. Faulty heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Just do the same action again. Pot at Mac...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Back