British Gas CDI boiler - no heating or hot water, help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss British Gas CDI boiler - no heating or hot water, help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drwatson

Hi there,
I just moved to a new property and the British Gas CDI boiler seems to have stopped working - the little water dial says 0.5 (maybe this should be higher?) and the 2 lights for water tap and (what looks like) radiator are now flashing red (which I presume is meant to alert me to the fact that they aren't working!-but I don't know how to fix it) - British Gas won't give me any help on the phone unless I pay for a yearly service contract!-but it sounds like this might simply be a reset problem, or something similar? I'd be so thankful if any one could advise me as to whether there is anything I can do, without having to pay for an engineer to come out? (btw, it was working since we moved in, but stopped working yeaterday). Many thanks, Dr Watson (-:

British gas don't manufacture boilers. They rebadge other peoples. See if you can find some other data or alternatively put a pic on the web and we may be able to help. Most boilers I work with will stop working at around .5 bar so it may just need topping up.

Hi Grahamep,
Thank you very much for your comment. I think you are correct re: the 0.5 comment - how exactly would I top up the boiler? (sorry if that is a stupid question!-I have never dealt with a boiler issue before).
Many thanks,
DrWatson

Pretty sure that boiler should have a red reset button on the front facia, just press it in for a few seconds and it should reset.

Have a look on the Worcester Bosch site and see if you recognise your boiler then download the instructions.

Pretty sure that boiler should have a red reset button on the front facia, just press it in for a few seconds and it should reset.

Thankyou!-I remember seeing that button - I will try that tonight (-:

I remember that the burner light was also not on, so I think that maybe I need to push the reset button, and that might re-light the burner...

If its only 0.5 bar you may need to top up first ! See if you can see the manual first . It will be easier

It's almost certainly a Worcester Bosch re-badged boiler and at a half a bar pressure it shouldn't fire up. (Safety), to fill look underneath the boiler and there could be either a filling loop with a steel braide hose pipe or Worcester bosch's own design filling device. Also on worcester boiler if you drop the bottom front panel there may be the user manual in a compartment.
You can download the user manual for any Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi boiler from their website.
http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/cache/file/6/user-manual-for-greenstar-cdi.pdf
This should help you.

Thank you so much everyone for helping - it really is appreciated. Turns out holding down reset for a few seconds solved it!-but it is very valuable for me to know about the 0.5, the need for top up and how to do it. So again, thanks!
Dr Watson

where ur filling loop is under ur boiler on the cold feed pipe turn the lever and watch ur gage untill it goes up to 1.2 or 1.5 nor more than 2 bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Could be in the cylinder cupboard,
Replies
Views
D
2 of my properties tenants have notified me...
Replies
Views
Dany Michael
D
Back