British Gas experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss British Gas experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Hi all, well, bin subbying for BG since begining of May, done the 3 day assessment,which went quite well and some of it was interesting. Then had 3 day buddying with one of the BG engineers, top bloke really helped us out. Met the Servicing Manager, another top man. Done everything we asked and gave us some good tips and pointers. Did some work for them, mainly servicing and been quality assessed about 4 times all went well. the local QA's a really good bloke too.
Funny thing is though, they still haven't paid us a penny!!!!!
Had to pause working for them so we could get in some of our own work to bring some cash in and they are a bit upset as we didn't give them 2 weeks notice, this i can understand, but they need to understand that i have a mortgage to pay.
My point is this, yes they can garentee regular work, which is good, but their blokes are being let down by the people in the offices. If they paid us as we would expect then all would be hunky dory. And, yes, initially i would expect a few teething troubles, but it is going a bit far now. I feel sorry for the service managers having to put up with moans and groans from us as we know it is not their fault, and, like i said, they are all good blokes......but morgages need to be paid and kids need to be fed!!!
Anyone else had similar experinces or is it just me???

winge over!!!!
Enjoy the football

Hi peteisfishing interesting post, and sorry to hear that payment is problem, are you on 60 or 90 days before being paid?

Not 100% sure, however have been on the blower to accounts today and they have told us what has to be done to recieve payment, none of this was explained during the induction course that we did, still going to delay payments though. they asked to make sure we copy all our invoices....wonder if i can claim back the cost for ink as well!!!!!!!......i will give it a few days and see what happens

I am due to do a induction in the next couple of weeks. How long does it take to get your money. Is it not monthly?

For the servicing side, after all the gremlins were sorted, it takes around four weeks from completeing the job and submitting the paperwork. What i did was complete six jobs per day and send off the paperwork for them jobs on the same day, they will then invoice you. You then check it and send them your invoice, around four weeks to payment. What are you going to the induction for, repairs or servicing?

Hi, been thinking of doing some breakdown work for them myself, or a bit of servicing, is the cash any good?

Hi, been thinking of doing some breakdown work for them myself, or a bit of servicing, is the cash any good?

If you get a call back within 3 weeks (related to your previous fix or not) you don't get paid for either visit. And if you have to order parts and go back after a first visit, you only get paid for one visit. Apparently you can earn money but you will have to earn it. Servicing's a better bet.

Sign up to the Combustion Chamber on DIYnot.com and do a search for Paul Barker's posts on the subject. A pretty comprehensive view from a ex-BG subby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
The unvented cylinder thermostat I believe is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Is the newboiler a heat only boiler with a...
Replies
Views
Got the 111 - used a trained installer, got...
Replies
Views
the plum
T
Back