British Gas RD628 (Worcester 28si MkII) Boiler Gas Valve Problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss British Gas RD628 (Worcester 28si MkII) Boiler Gas Valve Problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MightyRed99

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my British Gas RD628 boiler (Worcester 28 Si MKII), the gas valve isn't working correctly. The heating is taking ages to warm up and we can fill up a 5 litre bottle of water before we get hot water (warm water). We had a gas engineer in to look at it and he said we need to replace it. So I got the part number out of the manual and ordered one. The part is a Worcester Gas Valve 87161026730, Dungs BM771SL-040. When the guy came to install it for us, the Gas Valve currently in the boiler was a 8747003746.
The problem is on the old Gas Valve it only has a connection for the 2 blue wires and a connection for the 2 brown wires. There isn't a connection for the 2 green wires and the green wires are not anywhere to be seen, doesn't look like they have been cut back.
On the Gas Valve which is in the manual there are 3 connections. One for the 2 green wires, one for the 2 brown wires and one for the 2 blue wires. In the manual it shows the green wires connected.
Do you know if these are required as the guy didn't want to fit the new gas valve with out them just in case .
They both say they will fit the Worcester 28si MkII and RD628 boilers.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Has there been any resolution to this please...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Back