Britony combi se boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Britony combi se boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BR111

Hi All
Would like some help on my problem please.

My central heating is working well, but i can only get hot water from the taps if i run them very very slowly.:mad:

Any help please:)

Brian

Thanks Mark
I have looked in the manual but cant find a diverter valve.
Is it the 3 way valve?
Brian

yes,same thing,but wait for somebody on here who knows this boiler,i wont work on them

When you say you can only get hot water from taps if you run very slow, are you saying the boiler does not fire if you run the taps full? or does it fire but the water doesn't get hot?

When you say you can only get hot water from taps if you run very slow, are you saying the boiler does not fire if you run the taps full? or does it fire but the water doesn't get hot?

if it fires and dont get hot - diverter valve
if it dont fire - another problem

Is that the jist Mark?

Hi Fuzzy Mark
Boiler does fire but as soon as I turn up the flow it goes cold turn it down it gets hot

mark may have an idea on this one but does sound like diverter valve, wait for him to reply

With heating off, i.e the flow & return pipes that connect to boiler are cold, turn on hot tap fully so boiler fires and observe (by touch) if the flow pipe gets hot. If so its probably 3 way valve. If not it could be the hot water heat exchanger.

With heating off, i.e the flow & return pipes that connect to boiler are cold, turn on hot tap fully so boiler fires and observe (by touch) if the flow pipe gets hot. If so its probably 3 way valve. If not it could be the hot water heat exchanger.
Thanks mark
Will have a go with new 3 way valve
Brian

It could also be an idea to do do a gas rate on on the boiler with the tap running full, it is possible the boiler isn't going to high rate. Diverter valve sounds most likely to me though.

was thinking the same myself chardy, i had this problem on an old Valliant VCW. That turned out to be the Diaphram pump under the PCB and electronics box. But yes you are certainly right its worth checking, although no mention that the water was luke warm only that the water was going cold.

HI
when i turn on hot water full flow , flow pipe is cold, then when i turn down to slow it gets hot

The central heating flow pipe. Not the hot water outlet pipe! i.e, the 3 way valve is not sending hot water to taps, but sending it to central heating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DHW outlet pipe is cold when on full flow but hot when on very reduced flow

Your not helping me here BR111. Is the CENTRAL HEATING flow pipe getting hot when you have Hot Water tap running full-bore?

OK, then i would suggest you get a heating engineer to take a look as there is a number of things to check and/or look at. It would be impossible to relay this kind of advice on an internet forum, and some checks will involve gas work. So you need a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
To be fair alot of guys dont like these boilers (myself included) and may either not work on it or recommend a new boiler, but the problem is definately fixable.

OK, then i would suggest you get a heating engineer to take a look as there is a number of things to check and/or look at. It would be impossible to relay this kind of advice on an internet forum, and some checks will involve gas work. So you need a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
To be fair alot of guys dont like these boilers (myself included) and may either not work on it or recommend a new boiler, but the problem is definately fixable.
British Gas used to love fitting these.

It will be the filter regulator on the cold water did one of these a few weeks ago put new diverter on same as before took out the flow restrictor filter and the end had melted so you had to turn the tap on full to get the diverter to fire for hot water but the water goes through the heat exchanger too fast so it doesn't get hot if you slow the cold down there is not enough flow to opperate the diverter valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
That’s there problem you pay them to fix it...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back