Brittany combi se 100 problems, HELP PLEASE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brittany combi se 100 problems, HELP PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have sold my house and I am at the point of exchanging contracts. The boile is as above and it has now started running hot and cold water through the shower and bath taps.

i have had British gAs out as I have home care thing and they reckon it's the hot waterhen the exchange . They don't cover scale and have said they can do a sonic clean and it will be good as new. I just pay £99 excess.

my problem is they can't do it for two weeks so I may need to get an independant do it before then. I have found the part for a little over 100quid . How much am I looking for roughly to fit the part.

many thanks

Chris

probably isnt the hex if its just started doing it and you havent had any issues upto now with falling temp over time. just call a technician to check it over and replace what is needed.

The engineer did say the temp was low . The shower was going hot and cold a few weeks back but I thought it was the thermostic cartridge on the shower. It

Shower valve can cause this problem too....cold mains going back through the hot......

Yeah its on both shower and bath taps. Are these sonic clean things any good. The part is only 100 quid would it not be cheaper for them to just replace it ??

Never heard of sonic cleaning, sounds very Doctor Who. It'll cost you more for a replacement part, have they guaranteed the repair at £100? If they have id go for it.

Get some one out to it ! may be something as simple has a fault with water valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That’s there problem you pay them to fix it...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
C
If you haven't done so already, try 'fishing'...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back