broken screw holding pan to floor | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss broken screw holding pan to floor in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have tried using pliers and pulling it while trying to turn it anticlockwise but no joy , the floor is tiled , appreciate any help/advice . thanks .

In order of my success rate:
  1. Small hand-vise clamp May help to file a slight flat on one side of the screw.
  2. Locking pliers (Mole grips).
  3. Broken-screw extractor. Like a tap (workshop not water!) with a left hand thread.
All require luck.

Use stainless steel screws to secure the replacement pan.

Last edited:
Mole grips will probably work 95% of the time or cut it flush to the floor with an angle grinder and try and drill a hole next to it. Or leave it and stick the pan down with silicone without fixings
thanks for the reply , mole grips never worked , its such a thin short piece of screw they could not get a grip , ive left it soaking in wd 40 , dont know if that will help then give it another go with the pliers , i will have a think about the angle grinder or silicone options ta .

In order of my success rate:
  1. Small hand-vise clamp May help to file a slight flat on one side of the screw.
  2. Locking pliers (Mole grips).
  3. Broken-screw extractor. Like a tap (workshop not water!) with a left hand thread.
All require luck.

Use stainless steel screws to secure the replacement pan.
there is so little left of the screw in length or thickness , will look into the vice and extractor options ta .

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
One of the unseen casualties when we go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I still use putty. Damn silicone.
Replies
Views
Back