Broken toilet flush | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Broken toilet flush in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

graham1030

hello, my toilet has recently stopped working. it flushes fine but when the cistern is refilling it doesnt stop at all so i have to turn it off on the isolator. The system is an opella equilibrium float valve. Is there anything i can do to fix this or do i need to buy a new system?

Thanks

check its not just limescaled and needs cleaning or
change the diaphragm.

or for the price of them fit a new one.

where would i get a new diaphragm from?

I took it apart to have a look and there is a small stainless steel pin missing from the top of the main body of the valve. I have the same toilet in another room whcih still has the pin in it and works fine. Would i be able to get one of these parts from anywhere?
thanks for your help

if i remember the pin is part of the valve.
and the diaphragm has a hole that lines up with the pin.

so in your case new valve.

yes thats right, it should line up on the diaphragm but obviously cant with no valve.

sorry just one more question, where is the best place to get a new valve? and does it have to be exactly the same as the one i had before

no don't have to be the same.
you can fit a better quality valve ie fluidmaster.

bq, screwfix etc all stock them.

36_1_11.gif

What has this problem got to do with the diaphragm? Am i missing something? Surely the cistern keeps filling coz the ballcock isnt closing....

when the water has risen to the correct level the float rises which used to cut the water off. But now it just keeps flowing.

As i mentioned i have another toilet using exactly the same system which works fine and the only difference i could see is that the little pin is missing which connects the diaphragm to the main body of the valve

You are confusing the diaphragm in the siphon with the one in the valve mate.

im gonna sound really stupid here but is the siphon the bit in the middle which releases the water into the toilet? and is the valve the bit which brings the new water into the tank?

thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
best bet buy a new filler they are not dear.
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
Back