broken toilet seat | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss broken toilet seat in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

col3003

hi i have a broken toilet seat and need to either repair or replace....only thing is there are no screws on this toilet and never have been...there are just 2 circle shapes which i think the toilet must somehow stick onto...how do i fix this? will i need some kind of sealer?? thanks

seems unusual any chance of a couple of pictures? also any makers name or symbols? regards turnpin

No i cant find the name of it..im thinking i might just have to superglue the circles!

Are you sure there aren't a pair of 'blind' holes on the pan that the seat fixes into? You come across this type of seat fixing occasionally. To fit a seat you have to get hold of a pair of 'blind hole' fixing screws, that expand as you tighten a screw and grip the insides of the blind holes in the pan.

(BES sells them - Cat No. 17054 - I always keep a pair in my van.)

Just seems so weird if there are no fixing holes at all!

Last edited:
oh yes i think this might be correct! Were did u say i can get hold of them?

oh just found the website...ideally i need them today though...do you know of anywere?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you phone in the order today, BES will deliver tomorrow, if that will do!

Otherwise try phoning round the plumbers' merchants - at least you now know what to ask for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Pop the chrome bezel off if you see where the...
Replies
Views
A
Is it the type with 2 grub screws that wind in...
Replies
Views
C
This one is close. Can you take a photo of...
  • Christopher Stevenson
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • Deleted member 120897
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Try this link for a bestpoke seat...
Replies
Views
Back