BTU Calculation help please | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BTU Calculation help please in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all. I want to replace the rads in my front room and to get the right size I'm trying to calculate the BTUs but I'm having agro calculating so can someone who knows what they're doing help please. The room size is
7.6m long
4.0m wide
2.5m high
window dimensions are 1420mm H x 820mm W, 1350mm H x 1790mm W
3 outside walls 220mm solid brick
Wooden floor with heated room above
Thanks

Problem with calculating BTUs is we tend to be able to be reasonably accurate with walls and floors, but ventilation has a huge effect compared with heat loss through building fabric.
I could spend ages calculating it using U values, but I'd have to make certain assumptions and I could be out by a large factor. So you may as well Google 'room heatloss calculator' and use one of those guides.

always add little extra on, fit trv if this is not your control rad, if you under cal, you will never heat the room,

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all. I'm knocking through my kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi Thank you for the replies I really...
Replies
Views
  • Question
EDIT: should have put "radiation and convection".
Replies
Views
What makes a huge difference to the heat...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back