Build your own pipe carrier | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Build your own pipe carrier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello all.

Was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best way to build your own pipe carrier for the van please?

Cheers...Dan

A length of 4" plastic soil pipe and a couple of access caps.

I've got 2 3metre lengths of 110mm grey soil pipe side by side with screw on end caps on both ends. They're fixed/attached at both ends with screw down ladder hooks and although fixed solidly, they are easily removed.

Rhino Safe Clamp Ladder Clamps (Pair)

Interesting idea thanks very much.

Though Atm i don't carry enough pipe to warrent having two carriers.

I only carry a few lengths of 15 & 22 at a time and i'll prob empty the soil pipe every night to stop the thieving bar stuards

I've got a rack inside my LWB Transit for copper. Only plastic is kept on the roof rack.

Years ago i had a length of 4" plastic on the roof for pipe. It was "tied" to the roof rack with a couple of bits of 1mm twin and earth for 4 years.; I had a crash in that time and some of the pipe speared through the access cap but the cable held the 4" tube on the rack.
If you are using metal pipe clips the tube will still move so, either drill them and put a bit M6 rod through the legs to draw them in tight to hold the tube or drill through the bracket and put a couple of screws into the tube.

I know a guy who has put a raised floor on the van and slides all his pipe inside under it. Only drawback is the van floor is 4" higher.

Height is not the only drawback, you need almost 3m of clear space behind the van to get the pipe out. With high level racks you can withdraw tube above parked cars so can park a lot closer.

Just fork out for a proper job like a rhino tube. Costs about the same as the first bundle of 22 you have stolen from your makeshift solution and looks more professional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The do as they likeys are forcing open the Rhino pipe tubes down this way. I've got a home made one and don't even bother to lock it. Just leave a couple of lengths of tube in it to get me out of trouble. I'll only take more tube out if I'm going to need it.

Same as Mike I only take a couple of part lengths out normally, only time I have more on is if I'm going to need it, then load up in the morning.

I can get a full length along the top of my racking and over the drivers compartment in my SWB med hi top transit, though I am contemplating a length of 4" to stop it rattling around so much. Roof rack is only for use with ladders

your best to put a solvent weld coupling in the length so the clip has something to stop it sliding through you need it to be slightly longer than 3ms so use the cap that fits on a coupling on my last van i put one on temporary with three bungees and it was still like that two and a half years later
dont put shorts back inside lengths as the first time you brake it will slide forwards and punch through the front cap

dont put shorts back inside lengths as the first time you brake it will slide forwards and punch through the front cap

Another benefit of the rhino tube - openable at both ends so you can hide half lengths in there haha.

Pipe carriers are like bolting a box on your roof with the words 'CASH' written on the side if you ask me

thats why i say a real plumber has to have a van big enough to get tube inside
Or a cunning plan if it isn't big enough!

most transit sized vans can get it in if you chop a hole through the bulkhead and poke it under the seats. Anything smaller than that and I wouldn't have anywhere to put all my cra... stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Apartment
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.bes.co.uk/insuduct-pipe-protection-...
Replies
Views
Back