Building Regs Compliance Certificate for new boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Building Regs Compliance Certificate for new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lianne

I'm hoping somebody out there can help as i seem to be having a few issues with my new boiler installation. It was installed 10 days ago and my builder initially advised that the LABC would be notified and i would receive the building regs compliance certificate within a few weeks.
I have a gas safety record and the commissioning checklist in the back of the boiler manual has been signed by a gas safe engineer but my builder has now said that i need to inform my local authority and he will not. I have checked out the engineer on gas safe and he is legitimate so i do not understand why he cant just notify the local authority so that i receive the necessary certificate back from them...??

sounds bit dodgy. would cost the gas engineer just over £2 to sign off through gas safe

Thanks, thats what i'm thinking. Is there anything that i can do to get this done?

Just ask the gas installer if he has registered the appliance , sounds like he has filled all the paperwork in and as you say he is GS registered . Your builder is correct its nothing to do with him.
Your local authority will send you nothing , it will be gas safe that notify you that the LA has been informed.

Hes probably forgotten, I have before, I once registerd a couple of boilers that Id forgotten about 8mnths after I fitted them, there was no problem and the customer recieved the cert a week or so after.

Hes probably forgotten, I have before, I once registerd a couple of boilers that Id forgotten about 8mnths after I fitted them, there was no problem and the customer recieved the cert a week or so after.

That reminds me,I've got a few that I haven't done yet!

Did you pay the builder or the installer? If the builder you'd be better asking the gas engineer if he has been paid by the builder or maybe they have just had a fall out. These things happen.

I have signed off installs with immediate effect for builders so solicitor has all legal paperworkto sell property , i can safely say no matter how quick i sign them off the gas safe cert of install takes about two weeks . They told me they send off paperwork twice weekly but council are informed immediately of gas works and you can phone gas safe for confirmation of works if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
Back