Building site work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Building site work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys wonder if anyone can help.

I'm stuck at the moment as i have no work coming in only little bits, but i dont advertise and cant because im skint, so as a last resort before packing it all in (after 10 years plumbing) i thought i might try and do some work on the building sites, just wanted to know how to get on there?

I used to pop into sites and ask the plumbers on the site who they were working for or ask the agent who has the plumbing contract on that site, it is also a good idea to print off a few c.v's as you might be lucky and there is a supervisor/manager from the plumbing firm on site!

Be warned that building site plumbing at the moment is an absolute joke, price cuts left right and centre, you are expected to do so much more for so much less!

Health and safety is so tight,

Have you got cscs?

If you are going to pop onto site then take your hard hat and boots as you wont get anywhere without them

Good luck mate

cscs is mandatory down here in London and even though I passed H&S it has taken me over 6 weeks to obtain my jib card due as I was told to staff shortages good luck:)regards turnpin

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I would never do it now but it is easier now...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
If it rises steadily while system heats up to...
Replies
Views
Back