Bunging a boiler mate? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bunging a boiler mate? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryanlee

Hi all, I have a job coming up soon to change trvs on a system with a boilermate 2. Not had much to do with these. Can they be bunged in the f & e tank or not, or not worth the risk due to the amount of water that could drop.
Cheers in advance.

I personally wouldn't risk it. I'd freeze the heating pipes coming out if there's room to get on them. If you need to drain it don't forget you'll need loads of inhibitor when you refill.

Spoke to a couple of people about boilermates and apparently they are probe to blocks in the cold feed hence why I want to avoid draining if poss. Anyone had any experience with clearing blockages on these?

Aye, disconnect cold feed off of top of boilermate when you refill. Just loosen nut and it will help refill.

Drain the whole boilermate system is the best solution for the home owner.

The Gledhill boilermate systems work very well with clean/treated water.

Most Gledhill systems are installed into new build houses, the installers are normally on a price for each job so quality goes :nopity:

I had a Boilermate system in my last house from new, radiators had sludge in them after 2 years.

Luckily, I have a lot of customers with Gledhills ! :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
Bypass issue? I would certainly call Veissmann...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Back