Buying boiler spares | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Buying boiler spares in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone tried setting up acounts with any of the places that supply the stockists?

I have noticed alot of parts I get from my stockist comes from interpart, was wondering if they sell direct, or does anyone know of a similar company that can get parts cheap?

Im thinking of cutting out the middle man. I have heared you can't buy direct from these sorts of places as its "unfair compertition"

Used to be a place called antaires that were realy cheap, don't know what happened to them

Possible if formed a Co op of a number of members i.e. from here. have say 100 members or more = buying power

See what people think....................

Yeah definitly, how would that work though, wouln't someone have to take overall responsability for the acount?

Not sure exactly, but may be 100 shareholders or what ever the total members, so equal responsibility
Will google later

This idea could work but distributors will probably only supply a retail outlet.
So the buying group would need to set up an umbrella company to buy stock and a premises to store the stock and distribute from.
I've bought from both main dealers and manufacturers over the years and I doubt they would be interested in delivering to individual premises or homes.

Furthermore, to get the really best deals the group would need to buy in quantity, eg 100 boilers a month, every month.

Possibly a link up with an established independent retailer may work as the group could increase their partners buying power and get a better discount.

Not a project for the faint hearted I feel.

This idea could work but distributors will probably only supply a retail outlet.
So the buying group would need to set up an umbrella company to buy stock and a premises to store the stock and distribute from.
I've bought from both main dealers and manufacturers over the years and I doubt they would be interested in delivering to individual premises or homes.

Furthermore, to get the really best deals the group would need to buy in quantity, eg 100 boilers a month, every month.

Possibly a link up with an established independent retailer may work as the group could increase their partners buying power and get a better discount.

Not a project for the faint hearted I feel.

How did you manage to buy from manufacturers?

The problem with buying off the net is when parts break down under warranty, this month I have had to return a diverter valve motor, walked straight into local Plumb centre, handed over faulty part and walked out.

The job was visited, diagnosed, part swapped over all within 1 hour. Not bad considering it was for free.

Same scenario if part was from the net, phone call to supplier, convincing them the part is broken, wait for post ............ you get the jist !!

To save a few ££ can cause an awful lot of hassle.

Imho, building a good relationship with your local suppliers pays dividends in the long run, not only in financial terms

I checked out a boiler fan today out of curiosity, Internet price £85ish
Local City Plumbing £76ish.
Wouldn't waste my time buying fallible moving parts off t'net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks so much guys, i appreciate ur advice...
Replies
Views
The radiator heating temperature for a...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
  • Question
Thank you all for the responses, exactly the...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back