C&G Tech Cert level 2 to NVQ Level 2? | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss C&G Tech Cert level 2 to NVQ Level 2? in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

G

gamage

Just a quick question,

Ive completed my C&G 6129 Tech Cert level 2 and im currently doing my C&G Tech Cert level 3 which will finish in june 2010

But before I can become gas safe registered I need to complete both the NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 portfolio’s

My question is. If I do my NVQ 2 portfolio what happens to my level 2 tech cert qualification? Does doing NVQ2 write the city and guilds one off. So I basically throw that one away. Or will I have 2 qualifications C&G and NVQ?

Any advice welcomed.

No no, the technical certificates are appart off the NVQ qualifications.

You will gain Tech certs at level 2 and 3 which is all the college based work. The level 2 and level 3 NVQ folders are what you do onsite but you need all of these complete to be qualified at an advance standard including the technical certificates you would gain at college if you were on an apprenticeship scheme.

No no, the technical certificates are appart off the NVQ qualifications.

You will gain Tech certs at level 2 and 3 which is all the college based work. The level 2 and level 3 NVQ folders are what you do onsite but you need all of these complete to be qualified at an advance standard including the technical certificates you would gain at college if you were on an apprenticeship scheme.

thank you for that :)

6129 is college/work shop based, the exam certificates last forever but you have 5 years to get your portfolio work done after doing the workshop/college portfolio.

Plus to gain your NVQ 2 you need to complete it in 6 months, well you cant send off for your NVQ 2 before 6 months of getting your pack and heard its around £300-600 to get assesed if you are not an apprentice. :(

so are you saying that i can do my level 2 NVQ portfolio myself without being an apprentice?

my college are telling me that i can't do 2 quailfications at the same time, and will have to wait untill i have completed my Tech Cert 3, and then get an apprenticeship to do my level 2 NVQ portfolio... rubbish i know

is there an easier way of getting my Level 2 portfolio without going through my college??

i really want to get my NVQ 2 portfolio by the time ive completed my Tech Cert 3 quailfication in June 2010..

thanks for the help!

C&Gare the governing body for the nvq's.
it is posible to complete your nvq without stepping foot in a college.
before any one starts ranting, its a fact. the proof in the pudding is someone who has actually done it, but for now i am not giving too much away?.lol;)
for now do your own home work, post questions i dont mind but for now i may not comment.

ask yourself if the c&g tech cert is more important than nvq = yes it is in the work place and this is what it is all about, c&g count for nowt towards a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!

im now enrolled and im now allowed to do my NVQ 2 portfolio which im going to complete myself..

i can get what i want if i keep bugging people at the college lol

so doing my tech cert 3 in college and my level 2 portfolio myself on thursdays and holidays etc..

i couldn't agree more that tech cert counts for nothing in the industry.. NVQ's all the way

thanks again

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Not to my knowledge you can do a refresher...
Replies
Views
Try contacting EAL (the awarding body) direct...
Replies
Views
B
I was curious about how many tasks you lot did...
Replies
Views
BilboBaggins
B
B
Also depends what arrangement you have with...
Replies
Views
Back