Calling all with macerator knowledge | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Calling all with macerator knowledge in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
This elbow, secured with two jubilee clips, has a pin hole leak.

All I can seem to find are either push fit ones or universal ones with stepped connections for various pipe sizes you cut back. But because the 22mm (i think it's 22mm from the pics, i should've made sure but she was breathing down my neck and nattering away) is so high up on the stepped elbows it'll be a squeeze to fit in the space. What I'm really after is the same or similar elbow to the one pictured.

Any ideas / help / links would be appreciated

Also I've never worked on one before, do I need to do anything before changing it?

First two pics are the elbow, Third is the other end of that pipe
Thanks
mac1.jpg
mac2.jpg
mac3.jpg

The elbow is quite thick rubber so unless somebody has been a gorilla on a jubilee clip they dont usually pin hole.

Photos are a little too close to be certain but if the elbow comes from the side of the box rather than the top then perhaps a Grundfos or a copy pump and it looks like 22mm pipe used. Be prepared for water to exit the connection when removed.

The elbow is quite thick rubber so unless somebody has been a gorilla on a jubilee clip they dont usually pin hole.

Photos are a little too close to be certain but if the elbow comes from the side of the box rather than the top then perhaps a Grundfos or a copy pump and it looks like 22mm pipe used. Be prepared for water to exit the connection when removed.
Thanks mate, I still can't find any matching parts when googling with your suggested names. Do you know if spares are even available for these? I suppose if not then I could buy the stepped ones and stick a reducer in it if it's too tight?

Thanks mate, I still can't find any matching parts when googling with your suggested names. Do you know if spares are even available for these? I suppose if not then I could buy the stepped ones and stick a reducer in it if it's too tight?
Been looking again for you and dont think it is a Grundfos anymore because they tend to have a large flange at one end (As shown in the link) >https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...21kx_SjEO4du1sLqiILWrEXlcaJ7Hj0Kz7-w&usqp=CAc
The nearest is the stepped ones as you say but is it near enough?

It’s a Victorian plumb one

Found the Elbow maybe

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Or it is meant to take 32mm and he's horsed it up around some 22 or bodged something up inside and that's what's leaking. But when I flushed it it dramatically p**sed out and it looked like it was from the crook of the elbow itself, suggesting a hole there

Good find. That does look like the macerator. Did you mean to post a different link to the elbow sold separarely? Can't find it on the site

Tbh I don’t think your going to find the outlet separately maybe email the seller and ask would they sell one ?

Back