Calling experts - commercial circulating problem | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Calling experts - commercial circulating problem in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have the following situation - a flow and return to a cooling plant in 1 1/2" galvanised pipe. At the end of the loop, about 40m from the tank and plant I currently have the pipework dropping down and splitting into 15mm to two machines in the workshop below. The returns from the machines then rise back up in 15mm, are teed into 22mm and there is a 16/60 circulating pump on the return leg back into the return loop to the tank.

Each machine requires a minimum of 12 litres per minute flow. With the existing setup we cannot achieve this.

I am presuming that the existing situation with the pump in the return is less efficient than in the flow?

I propose to reduce the amount of 15mm pipe and reduce the overall length and twists and turns of the supply pipe.

The simple problem is that not enough water is being pushed round this loop.

Should I fit a larger pump with a bypass loop to prevent strain.

Suggestions welcome!

It won't show my input but if you click on the air conditioning enter the ??m3/h and pump head ?6? and then either click on (more) or straight to start sizing, if you click on more you can enter thing like min/max temp etc but the MAGNA 25-60 will work @ a lower temp if required i.e. 4c

Sorry to chuck another thing in. A pump will only pump the flow rate when the resistance is correct.

You can fit a commisionig set in pipework so that when you have installed it you know if your achieving your 12lpm. But a commissioning guage can be quite expensive

If you have the mi for machine it will usually give you a value in kpa for the waterways around machine. This is the valve your going to have to work from to get you correct pump

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What is the start date for the works? Has a...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
15 is fine for the return. Sometimes 10mm is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Stephen - I have a 300L Vailant auroSTOR...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After some consideration 15mm plastic with...
Replies
Views
Back