Camray 5 boiler - low pressure. how do i fix it? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Camray 5 boiler - low pressure. how do i fix it? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teacherandmum

ok so we have a camray 5 combi boiler but our hot water isn't very hot at the moment and once you use a sink full, the next sinkful is practically cold. I'm not sure if the radiadtors are working at full capacity as we've not had them on.
we had it serviced in Jan/Feb but i've noticed the pressure gauge is under the red arrow. red arrow on 1.5 and the gauge is at 0.5. so i presume i need to raise the pressure. I understand that there should be a valve or similar to do this with but i can't find anything. The instruction booklet is a mystery to me! There is a valve to the left at the bottom but i've turned it anti-clockwise but nothing happens. I can't find anything else to try.
Please help a woman who doesn't want to call out a plumber for what should be a simple job!!!!!
Thanks everyone!
Julie

You need to find the filling loop. Looks like this:-
But it may be the pressure vessel, top it up and see how you go.

images

Last edited:
and when i've located it , i ..............................???
sorry for being dense!

There's normally two valves, one at each end, either they will have a little handle on or a screw driver slot. Turn one valve on by placing the handle or slot in line with the pipe, then do the same at other end whilst watching pressure gauge.Once upto 1 bar close valves.

Then keep an eye on it, if it's back down over the next few days get somebody to have a look. Could be a problem elsewhere that needs attention.

i shall do my best - but i may be back!!!!! Thanks for your time and advice

Raising the pressure in the system wont cure your lack of hot water. These boilers use a printed circuit board to tell each control what to do so you wont be able to cure the problem yourself. The common things to go wrong with these are the diverter valve which may be stuck on heating mode or it could be the flow switch not activating the boiler to come on when hot water is required, it could also be the water pump has gone. First of all check to see if the central heating works.If the heating works then it is not the pump, to check the flow switch you will ned some electrical knowledge I,m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Brilliant! all done & i've marked it so i...
Replies
Views
Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun - appreciate the advice and quick...
Replies
Views
Picture of your boiler please????? Just...
Replies
Views
Back