Camry Oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Camry Oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi I am a female and not mechanically minded.

I ran out of oil and now my Camry oil boiler won't start.

I have tried pressing a red button inside the boiler and all I get is a fan noise and a red light with lock out illuminates.

Could anyone have advice please

Don't be tempted to repeatedly press the reset button, secondly call an Oftec registered engineer.

Having run out of oil the crud in bottom of tank could have been disturbed. It would be good practice to change filter and ensure feed pipe is clear. Once this is done any problem, air in system or tiger loop should be easy to solve.

If you have tried to reset a couple of times allready then no more you can do. Call engineer in to bled and check over boiler or risk causing damage to oil pump and more expense. Get a quote for an electronic oil gauge fitting at same time.

Thank you all, engineer coming out Monday. I was told I have to loosen the bleed nipple to let the air out. Shall I try this ??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just leave it all alone too much to bugger up if you know sweet fanny adams about boilers

Oops I didn't leave it alone and undid the little screw by the pump...just a little :) and lots of bubbles came out. It kept bubbling for a while . When it stopped I retightened the screw....not too tight , and hey presto I have heat.

Still have engineer out on Monday as it needs a service and possibly a new filter but at least the animals and I will be warm later . Thank you all xx

if you fiddled with the other screws and messed up the settings Monday may not come if it starts producing a lot of CO and your flue is faulty

Thanks Lame plumber, just in case you were worried all is fine here and I must of fiddled with the right screw :)
I'll let you know what the engineer said of my work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Back