Can a bath trap be used on a sink | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can a bath trap be used on a sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hello

We are fitting a grease trap into our restaurant kitchen.

If we use the current trap from the sink to the inlet of the grease trap then the fall on the pipework will be next to nothing.

I was wondering if a bath trap could be used to get some extra height like this one so that I can get that extra fall needed. I know the only difference will be the trap seal depth but will this be a problem ?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-bath-trap-white-40mm/40633

Thanks

Yes. Insufficient depth of trap seal I'm afraid. Generally im all for encouraging people to having a go at things. As it's a commercial kitchen I'd advise against diy in this case. But do some research. From memory you'll need min 75mm trap depth but dyodd. ;)

Depends what kind of grease trap it is you might not require a trap

But in the past I've used that trap due to no other options (fall etc) added a pic

IMG_1947.JPG

Could you use that trap close to the sink and also fit a running trap with the required depth of seal further down the pipeline? My feeling is that that would probably satisfy the regulations, but I'll leave you to confirm.

By the way, are you dropping into an external gully outside or does your waste go direct to the soil and vent pipe?

Could you use that trap close to the sink and also fit a running trap with the required depth of seal further down the pipeline? My feeling is that that would probably satisfy the regulations, but I'll leave you to confirm.

By the way, are you dropping into an external gully outside or does your waste go direct to the soil and vent pipe?

Yes with an added running trap that would probably work. I’ll need to access tomorrow.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floplast-equal-tees-...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The unitraps eventually fail - the silicone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I've found a rubber one so will give...
Replies
Views
Back