Can a faulty faulty tap cause low water pressure. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can a faulty faulty tap cause low water pressure. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi I got called by a customer today to try and fix low water pressure on his hot water bath tap (its a shower mixer type fed from a water cylinder). All the pipework looked ok to me. So I disconnected the flexi pipe connected to the tap. I checked the pressure going in and the pressure seems ok. So he the tap must be causing the problem right???

Is it possible the a double check valve may fix this problem?? I've got a feeling the cold water pressure through the tap is affecting HW pressure.

if its a mixer tap it should have check valves anyway. give it a go its a cheap enough option to try, and if nothing else it will give wras compliance and eliminate a possible cause.

KJ

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
As above, and did you check the suitability of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It would help to know what type of system you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
Back