Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am not looking for them to provide an employer for me to complete the portfolio with, as I already have a small business set up and have been doing small maintenance jobs locally for the last couple of months, just looking for them to support me with the assessments and maybe a bit of guidance on how to fill in the paperwork. I'm also doing 1 day a week of work experience with a local plumbing firm so I'm learning alongside more experienced plumbers.
What are people's thoughts? Can Access Training be trusted with this or should I be speaking to local collages?
Just a bit of background, I've always been practically minded and have been restoring houses in my spare time for a number of years alongside a career in process engineering (Piping and network design, heat calcs etc) and project management. Having been made redundant during the pandemic I decided to make a lifestyle change and formally train in plumbing.

Similar plumbing topics

You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
Try contacting EAL (the awarding body) direct...
Replies
Views
If you are looking for a full time course at...
Replies
Views
Thanks ric2013. That’s given me some hope now...
Replies
Views
Back