Can anyone help with radiator balancing please? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can anyone help with radiator balancing please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have to balance radiators for some friends and whilst I've done plenty of other jobs for them this will be a first time effort! Does anyone have any tips or links to websites that show you what to do? Many thanks!

you will need clip/strap thermometers to fit to the flow and return pipework below the valves on each rad. you need to adjust the lockshield valve until you get a 10 degree difference in temp.
start with the rad closest to the boiler and work your way round.if they have a condensing boiler it will be about 20 degree difference

KJ

you will need clip/strap thermometers to fit to the flow and return pipework below the valves on each rad. you need to adjust the lockshield valve until you get a 10 degree difference in temp.
start with the rad closest to the boiler and work your way round.if they have a condensing boiler it will be about 20 degree difference

KJ

i would suggest starting from the furthest away from the boiler, as this one has more of the main circuit on it

Here is the guide I followed, the chart is very useful and I had it all balanced in 4 runs around - 10 rads took about 90mins.

UK DIY FAQ

Do yourself a favour and get a infrared thermometer, made it a doddle. Just put matt tape on the pipe and sweep the gun across a few times to get a consistant temp. mine was £19 on chavbay.

A quick simple way is to find out which is the first on the circuit(the first that gets the heat). If it is only over 1 floor then open the rads in order that they heat up(usually clockwise or anti-clockwise). If it over 2 floors then open the top floor by about a quarter turn and the lower floor by about half a turn.

Here is the guide I followed, the chart is very useful and I had it all balanced in 4 runs around - 10 rads took about 90mins.

UK DIY FAQ

Do yourself a favour and get a infrared thermometer, made it a doddle. Just put matt tape on the pipe and sweep the gun across a few times to get a consistant temp. mine was £19 on chavbay.

was it yourself that putthis on first time around?? as it was very useful to me and makes life much easier!! if so good man yourself!

It was me I think, I've posted it in a couple of places so far :)

glad it helped, I changed the spreadsheet to suit my needs, but its handy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
S
Type of boiler, did it all work before new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Assuming you have a Greenstar i 24 system...
Replies
Views
Back