can anyone identify the manufacturer of this radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss can anyone identify the manufacturer of this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This radiator style was used in my house 15 years ago, i need to replace one and would like to do like for like. I don't know who the manufacturer is. it is quite distinct in that the bleed valve is on the back of the panel rather than the side...
thanks
Andrew
upload_2017-9-29_11-28-48.png

Just realised where I have seen them , sorry dont know manufacturer but Stax Trade Warehouses sell them .

Looks very like an old Veha radiator, I think, but they had each set of fins on back of both panels, (wall brackets fit to the rear fins) making them odd to look at on side view.
Although old Barlo/Quinn rads were very similar. All had bleed screws on inside panels faces.
Definitely not a Myson rad. The top round part of the water channels is more square in Myson rads and Myson vents are on end corners, to the right.
If you want a similar rad, try measuring the old rad or the pipes centre to centres and see if Myson round top will be close. If new rad is a couple inch or less narrower, you could use longer rad valve tails, perhaps replace the lockshield valve for 15mm tail type. Myson round top come in imperial sizes of increasing lengths in 4" - so say the 21" or 25" or 29" or 33" might be in your range. Actual length will be slightly longer by about 1/2".
It might be possible to also get metric sizes in same Myson round tops. Plumb Center do Myson

Looks very like an old Veha radiator, I think, but they had each set of fins on back of both panels, (wall brackets fit to the rear fins) making them odd to look at on side view.
Although old Barlo/Quinn rads were very similar. All had bleed screws on inside panels faces.
Definitely not a Myson rad. The top round part of the water channels is more square in Myson rads and Myson vents are on end corners, to the right.
If you want a similar rad, try measuring the old rad or the pipes centre to centres and see if Myson round top will be close. If new rad is a couple inch or less narrower, you could use longer rad valve tails, perhaps replace the lockshield valve for 15mm tail type. Myson round top come in imperial sizes of increasing lengths in 4" - so say the 21" or 25" or 29" or 33" might be in your range. Actual length will be slightly longer by about 1/2".
It might be possible to also get metric sizes in same Myson round tops. Plumb Center do Myson
thanks for this comprehensive reply. i decided to go for a new 'Barlo', it is different but should be ok. Had sign off from the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's I thought. Thanks for quick answer
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, I can try this, out of interest, what is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the link I will have a look at this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Back