Can anyone recommend a good tap spanner? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can anyone recommend a good tap spanner? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

currently an apprentice and just changed over some basin taps my tap spanner isn’t great and slips off a lot, can anyone recommend anything decent and not too expensive?
thank you

If it's a basin spanner - as per link by Moonlight, they take some getting used to.
All fairly much the same design, it comes down to the teeth on the jaws and also the user.

They are an awkward tool to use and require some practice in using them.

I have the monument tap spanner, and a crows foot (both have been useful) - the latter doesn’t see much use, but I use the monument on the Vaillant prv nuts if they’re a bit stiff. Rothenberger one’s are supposed to be good. I haven’t and probably won’t go for the Armeg - tighter than a ducks proverbial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
The Fluke 116 tests for micro amps, which is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tell your installer to give you recovery rates...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
Back