Can I add a seperate header tank to a fortic cylinder? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I add a seperate header tank to a fortic cylinder? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

G

Geddoffme

Hi I just bought a house with a combination hot water cylinder & cant replace the heating system yet as we have walls to knock down etc where the new radiators would be & the new layout will require different sizes.

My GF needs a more powerful shower its a trickle atm. I ordered a pumped power shower then discovered you need a large cold water tank, the discovered its a combination cylinder.

We only need it short term. Could I fit a 50gallon tank above the combination cylinder and just use the bottom half of the cylinder & conect all the pipes between the two to the new header tank? It isn’t pre-insulated btw.

No sorry the new tank would fill the cylinder tank and overflow it

Yes it’s the vent with a standard cylinder this is brought upto the cold tank

With your combined cylinder it just dumps back into the little tank

Similar plumbing topics

Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
I
  • Question
i think we both wrote this at the same time...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've a couple of bottles of inhibitor sat...
Replies
Views
S
Hmm so would i bob but it seems that the...
Replies
Views
mrlennie
M
Back